Tuesday, May 10, 2011

10 Things Tuesday

Today's list is comprised of 10 of my favourite films - I don't get to see many movies lately so a lot of them are older... but goodies none the less!

1. To Kill a Mockingbird - Probably my most favourite book ever written and happy to say that I enjoy the movie even more! I actually really wanted to name my daughter Harper after the author Harper Lee but didn't win that argument!

2. Robin Hood Prince of Thieves with Kevin Costner - I used to have this huge crush on Kevin Costner and this movie sealed it for me! Favourite line in the movie is when the sheriff says he will cut out Robin Hood's heart with a spoon... because it would hurt more than an axe!

3. A Knight's Tale with Heath Ledger - admittedly another actor I had a crush on and was very sad when he died... but I loved the whole renaissance stuff and the actor that plays Wat in the movie (I just googled, his name is Alan Tudyk) was very funny!

4. Big Fish - if you haven't seen this movie, it is super hard to explain... it is basically about a man who's father is dying and he grew up with his father telling him all these wild and crazy stories. The man is reliving the stories and learning whether they were true stories or just "fish" tales. Ewan MacGregor (no crush there) is exceptional in it.

5. Good Will Hunting - okay...another crush... on Ben Affleck this time.... This is my "glue" movie - you know the kind where if you see it on tv, you are glued to it and suddenly an hour has passed and you haven't moved? I have seen this movie so many times I can't count but I still could watch it again and again and again.

6. Ratatouille - My newest favourite Disney film - triple love it! Unfortunately it is not my kids most favourite one so I don't get to see it enough!

7. Gran Torino - not a huge Clint Eastwood film but this is an incredibly powerful film and his is amazing in it.

8. The Money Pit - oldie but a goodie. Seeing Tom Hank stuck in the carpet in the hole in the floor cracks me right up. EVERY TIME!

9. Juno - LOVED this!!! Ellen Page is incredible and I really look forward to more from her (plus it's a bonus she's Canadian!)

10. On Golden Pond - I watched this when I was maybe 11 or 12... and it has always pulled at my heartstrings. I haven't watched it in years but when I think of my favourite movies, it always comes back... I would like to see it again to see if I still love it as much as I think I do!

That's it folks - please share your list with me too! Have a great week and don't forget about the BLOG CANDY GIVEAWAY BELOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment