Friday, April 24, 2009

LATE NIGHT SCRAPPIN'

Whew... I finally found some motivation!! I have been avoiding the scrappyness in me lately, largely in part to the mess that was awaiting me at my scraptable! So I bit the bullet and cleaned it off and have been happily scrappin'. We have a fun little challenge over on the forums called Crop Circle - it is 5 challenges laid out by the previous month's winner and it always makes me wanna scrap. The 5 challenges set up this month were:
  • use something recycled
  • use pink
  • use Stickles
  • use 2 different shapes
  • use something cut out by hand
So I dug through some old pictures (as my printer is out of ink :( ) and came up with this:

- the recycled item is that little green thingy on the square - it was actually a twist tie from a power cord that I just opened. God bless alcohol ink as I used it to turn the white twist tie to green, the peach flower to green, the white button to green and the 2 Heidi Swapp hearts to blue and pink! My hands are a mess but hey, it works!
Then I decided to make a couple birthday cards for my son to take to a birthday party on Sunday. Coincidentally, Jerusha also put her card challenge up today and asked us to make a kid's card! Jerusha and I swapped stamps a while back and she sent me some adorable penguin stamps so this was the perfect opportunity to use them! The first one is a Shaker Card (you can see the video and tutorial of another one here) and the second one was inspired by Jodi Collins which is a great blog to go to for card inspiration! My craft knife slipped on the spinner card and since I am learning to leave the perfectionism under my craft table, I decided to keep it!

I am partway through my tree sketch layout so hopefully I can finish that up tomorrow during nap time! Hope you are all having a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment