Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Technique Tuesday...on Wednesday!!

Sorry I am a day late....but better late than never! I was inspired by a challenge over on Our Creative Corner. This is a great site that has new challenges every week and it is really neat to see what different things people create with the challenges set out. We recently did a photo challenge on our scrap forum and I loved seeing the different ideas that came from it... I actually need to ask permission if I can use one of the gal's layouts to show you what she did - it was amazing!! I will let you know if she agrees! Sooo..where was I again? Oh right...onto the technique......Emboss Resist! Please remember to click on any picture to get a close up look!


For this technique, you will need the following items:
White cardstock
Cardstock to create a mask
Clear or Holographic Embossing Powder (I used
holographic)
Embossing Gun
Versamark Ink
Sponge
Pigment Ink (not craft!)
A Stamp that is mostly filled in (not just outlines)

Stamp your image with Versamark on your white cardstock. Cover with clear/holographic embossing powder and heat to emboss.

Create a mask using cardstock. I used my handy dandy Slice and cut out a 3 1/2 inch circle, saving both pieces to use as a mask.

Cover your stamped image using the circle that you cut out. Blot your sponge into your ink pad and sponge all over to cover the white background. You can continue until you have the colour you are looking for.
Now cover the remaining white part of your cardstock with the open circle and cover the part you have already sponged. Sponge right over the stamped image as this is where the EMBOSS RESIST comes in! I sponged a little bit of pink and then over that with a light green. If you want the edges a little less sharp, blend the two colours a bit more.

And now for the EMBOSS RESIST part! Simply wipe your pigment ink off of the embossing and your clear image will POP thru!
And voila, the final project! There are so many fun ways to use this technique - please go check out all the beautiful creations on Our Creative Corner And it goes without saying, I would LOVE to see anyone else's creations too!

No comments:

Post a Comment