Friday, February 20, 2009

A Simple Request

It was one of those days today.... First thing every morning, I click on my bookmarked scrappy blogs and go through the list. One of the first ones I always go to is Pinky's blog - I love how this gal writes and scraps. Her and I seem to be taking turns commenting on each other's blog and I just feel as though we are starting a scrappy friendship. I had read earlier in the week that she would be away this weekend for a crop so I was expecting to see a little blurb about her trip and maybe a sneak peek at what she would be working on....instead, I was saddened to be reading a story about the Willaert family who suffered the devastating death of their beautiful 5 year old daughter, Ellie. Being a mom myself, I cannot even begin to fathom the loss of my children and my heart breaks for this family. Pinky is sending out any and all donations and cards to the family and I hope that you can find it in your heart to send along something. While our economy definitely has some of us scared (me!!), it wouldn't take much to send a card. So I am asking you to please take the time and send one...please.... You can go to Pinky's blog and find all the information you need or please leave me a comment and I would be happy to answer any questions you have. And please keep the Willaerts in your prayers as I'm sure they would be grateful.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post girl.
    We have raised 140.00 so far and I have a few more coming in so even a card is wonderful!
    Your the best!

    ReplyDelete